Not Everyone is On-line
Believe it or not, not everyone is on the internet…not even everyone in the United States!
Here are some statistics, according to the Pew Research center:
- 50% have bought something used on-line (e.g., eBay)
- 39% of Americans know what crowdfunding is.
- 28% have purchased tickets on-line.
- 27% know what the “sharing economy” means.
- 15% have used Uber or Lyft.
- 11% have used AirBnB.
- 11% know what the “gig economy” means.
- 2% have rented clothing or accessories on-line.
And even though dial-up use is, obviously, on the decline, as seen in this chart:
… 2.1 million still use AOL dial-up.